If your organisation exhibits at congresses, you’ll have noticed that the medical devices being showcased have made huge technological developments over the last 10-20 years. But the congress or trade show experience for exhibitors hasn’t developed at the same pace. When it comes to capturing leads and engaging with new business prospects, the tools and processes have barely changed in the last two decades.
It’s time to change that.
The state of lead generation for congress exhibitors
The methods of capturing leads at big events such as congresses and trade shows have barely changed since the 1990s:
- Pen and paper – a stack of forms and a clipboard hardly screams ‘cutting-edge’, but this tried and tested lead capture process lives on.
- Collecting business cards – either stuffing your pockets, or stapling them to some accompanying notes scribbled on whatever paper was to hand.
- Hiring badge scanners – these are provided by the congress organiser; you hire the tool, and you rely on the organiser to send over your lead data after the event.
While these all work just fine on the trade show floor, relying on outdated lead capture methods causes headaches for your team back in the office.
Because while lead capture processes have stood still, companies have become increasingly innovative, integrating a vast range of tools and technology into their marketing and sales processes. Exhibiting at events remains cut-off from your marketing tech stack: it can take days, or even weeks, just to get leads from a congress into your CRM or marketing automation system.
Put simply, lead generation for congress exhibitors hasn’t kept pace with the developments in your products, or your organisation’s sales and marketing processes.
How to innovate your lead capture process
You don’t need to keep using old tools and technology that cut off your events and congresses from your marketing tech stack.
Innovating your lead capture process will make things easier all round – both on the show floor, and back at the office. It’s time to move away from the traditional, outdated lead capture processes, and transition to using a digital process that connects your events with the rest of your marketing tech stack. A new lead capture process will make it possible to:
- Follow-up faster, as you won’t have to wait for transcription of hand-written contact details.
- Instantly assess event performance, as you have better visibility of the leads collected.
- Make a better connection with prospects, by communicating more effectively.
Want to learn how organisations including Bruker and Ocean Optics have modernised and improved lead capture at congresses and events? Get the guide.